Showing FAQs in the category: York. Found 126 results.
- How can I pay for my IELTS exam?
Candidates can pay over the phone, or by either cheque, PayPal, postal order, cash or credit/debit card.Read More
- Can I pay for my IELTS exam online?
No. Not at the moment. We are in the process of setting up a new online payment system and more information on this will be available as soon as possible.
- My partner needs to take an A1 level exam to apply/renew their spousal visa.
The exam they are referring to is a KET (Key English Test) exam. Please see the ‘Exams Date‘ page for available test dates.
- The date I would like to take the IELTS exam is not available on the website.
This means that the exam is full.
- I have not received my IELTS exam result.
Please email email@example.com and provide your full name, date of birth, test date and postal address. We can then check this for you.
- What is the difference between the IELTS General Training and Academic modules?
The Academic module is for candidates wishing to study at undergrad or post grad level and for those seeking professional registration. The General Training module is for candidates wishing to migrate to an English speaking country (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, UK) and for those seeking professional registration such as GMC. However, you should always check…Read More
- I have special needs, can I take my IELTS exam in York?
We will always endeavour to accommodate any candidate. However, you must contact Melton College BEFORE you book a test as special arrangements will need to be made. You may be required to provide medical evidence.
- What do I need to bring with me on IELTS test day?
Candidates need to bring their exam confirmation and their ID document. If they fail to bring their ID, they cannot sit the test and will not receive a refund. We would recommend that you also bring a bottle of water as there are no facilities for candidates to buy refreshments at All Saints School.Read More
- Why do you take photographs on IELTS test day?
IELTS is dedicated to protecting the genuine candidate, whilst at the same time ensuring the highest standard of customer care and validity of test scores. These additional security arrangements will provide additional protection for genuine candidates against fraudsters and those who try to exploit test takers. They also provide receiving organisations the additional reassurance that…Read More
- Who do I contact if I have any other questions?
Please contact Katie Davis at Melton College on 01904 670920 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is Melton College Accredited by The British Council?
Melton College is Accredited by AccreditationUK. AccreditationUK is a partnership between EnglishUK and The British Council and the accreditation is known to the world as British Council Accreditation. We have been accredited since the start of the Accreditation Scheme.
- Can you help me apply for my visa?
Melton College can help you apply for a Student Visitor Visa or an Extended Student Visitor Visa. We cannot accept students for courses of longer than 11 months. We cannot help students apply for Tier 4 Visas.
- What happens if my visa is refused?
Once you have sent us a copy of the refusal notice we will refund your fees in full, except for the booking fee and any courier fees incurred sending documents to you.
- Do you arrange weekend excursions?
During our Summer Course, Winter, Easter and October Course and the Gold Course we have excursions every weekend. We are happy to assist you to arrange your own excursion and help you with any travel/transport questions you may have.
- Who do I speak to, if I have a problem?
If you have a problem or are unhappy about anything the Principal, Academic Manager and Head of Student Services are happy to talk to you, in confidence. You may also wish to speak to your teachers.Read More
- Does the College have Wi-Fi?
There is Wi-Fi throughout the College building! You will be given the password duing the welcome talk. There are also several computers you can use in the College.
- Can I open a bank account?
Students who plan to continue their studies at a UK university can open an account at any of the major UK banks. HSBC offers an Amanah Account. This account is a Shariah-compliant method of dealing with your finances.
- Are there special bank accounts compliant to the Shariah?
The Amanah Bank Account has been created to provide a Shariah compliant way of handling your day to day finances. The account includes: cheque book and debit card, standing order and direct debit facilities, statements, internet and telephone banking and cash withdrawals.
- Do you accept beginners?
We do not accept beginners on any of our courses. The minimum level for our General English, Gold, Summer and Young Learner Courses is Elementary. Our IELTS PREP Course is aimed at Intermediate and Upper-Intermediate level students.Read More
- How long can I stay?
You can come for as little as one week (two weeks for Summer Course students) or for up to 11 months. We will welcome you to start a course at any time of the year except the two weeks over Christmas, when the school is closed.
- Can I keep the materials I am given in class?
At the beginner of their course all students are given a folder in which to collect and keep worksheets completed and the work done in lessons. Students take this home at the end of their course. On courses which follow a coursebook, all students will be given a Students’ Book and a Workbook to keep.Read More
- Are you looking for teachers? I am an English teacher with X years experience…
You are always welcome to send your CV. Even if we are not looking for teachers at this particular time, we might consider your application when we are looking for teachers later.
- Do you ever ask students to leave the College?
We would ask students to leave the College if they behaved in an unacceptable manner, did not attend class, broke the law, or did not pay for their course/accomodation. Please ‘Read More’ for details.Read More
- Do you run a social programme? How much does it cost?
All our courses have a social programme. On some courses these activities are included in the fees, on other courses there may be additional costs for some activities.Read More
- Can we bring additional leaders on Group Courses?
Yes, but you will need to cover their costs.
- What age can the College accept on Group Courses?
- Can we land in the south and visit London?
Of course! However, there will be a surcharge for the transfers.
- When do Group Courses start and finish?
Subject to availability, courses can start and finish on any day.
- Can we stay an extra night after the Group Course?
Yes, for an additional fee.
- If we have time, can we arrange an additional excursion on the Group Course?
Of course! The cost will depend on the group size and destination chosen.