FAQs: IELTS Exams
- How can I pay for my IELTS exam?
Candidates can pay over the phone, or by either cheque, PayPal, postal order, cash or credit/debit card.Read More
- Can I pay for my IELTS exam online?
No. Not at the moment. We are in the process of setting up a new online payment system and more information on this will be available as soon as possible.
- My partner needs to take an A1 level exam to apply/renew their spousal visa.
The exam they are referring to is a KET (Key English Test) exam. Please see the ‘Exams Date‘ page for available test dates.
- The date I would like to take the IELTS exam is not available on the website.
This means that the exam is full.
- I have not received my IELTS exam result.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your full name, date of birth, test date and postal address. We can then check this for you.
- What is the difference between the IELTS General Training and Academic modules?
The Academic module is for candidates wishing to study at undergrad or post grad level and for those seeking professional registration. The General Training module is for candidates wishing to migrate to an English speaking country (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, UK) and for those seeking professional registration such as GMC. However, you should always check…Read More
- I have special needs, can I take my IELTS exam in York?
We will always endeavour to accommodate any candidate. However, you must contact Melton College BEFORE you book a test as special arrangements will need to be made. You may be required to provide medical evidence.
- What do I need to bring with me on IELTS test day?
Candidates need to bring their exam confirmation and their ID document. If they fail to bring their ID, they cannot sit the test and will not receive a refund. We would recommend that you also bring a bottle of water as there are no facilities for candidates to buy refreshments at All Saints School.
- Why do you take photographs on IELTS test day?
IELTS is dedicated to protecting the genuine candidate, whilst at the same time ensuring the highest standard of customer care and validity of test scores. These additional security arrangements will provide additional protection for genuine candidates against fraudsters and those who try to exploit test takers. They also provide receiving organisations the additional reassurance that…Read More
- Who do I contact if I have any other questions?
Please contact Katie Davis at Melton College on 01904 670920 or email@example.com