- What is a mini-stay course?
Mini-stay courses are short group courses for closed groups. For more information head to our group courses page or search our FAQs
- Can I study on the Adult English Exam course if my level is below B1?
Melton College reserves the right to refuse admission to an examination course if a student’s placement test results do not meet the level required to begin the requested examination course. In this case Melton College would place the student into a General Adult English class at their appropriate level. Although our General Adult English coursesRead More
- What are the minimum and maximum ages for courses at the College?
General English A: 18+. General English B: 16+. Gold: 40+. Young Learners Summer 11-17. Young Learners Winter, Easter & October: 10-17. IELTS Prep: 16+Read More
- I am a long term student, can I take a break during my course?
Some long term students may wish to take a break at some point during their course. The College is happy for students to do so, however, all breaks must be agreed with the College in advance.Read More
- What rules do I need to follow on excursions?
Please check you have received and understood any safety information given to you before visits and excursions. Make sure you follow safety instructions given on the trip either verbally or in writing by the staff leading the trip or by staff employed at the venue. ‘Read More’ for full list of rules.Read More
- What are the rules in class?
In order to get the most out of your experience at the College, there are a number of rules we expect students to follow in class. Please ‘Read More’ for detailsRead More
- What will my course be like?
We have a range of courses for students of all ages and abilities from Elementary to Advanced levels! All our courses are based in the College building so all our students get the same high standard of facilities.Read More
- What are the rules for students under 18?
If you are under 18 years old then the law says that the College is responsible for you. This does not mean we think you are a child but it does mean that we must think about what is best for you in the way that a parent would.Read More
- Excursion to Robin Hood’s Bay and Whitby
This is a test page which, in due course will contain information about the excursion to Robin Hood’s Bay and Whitby.Read More
- Do you provide travel insurance?
We can arrange travel insurance, but it is not automatically included in your course. You can download the details of the insurance we offer in the download section.
- How do I pay for my course?
Flywire is our preferred method of payment and payment for your course is due at least 5 weeks before the course start date.
- Can closed groups have hot lunches?
Closed groups can opt to have hot lunches for an additional fee. Please contact the college for more information.
- Can we have CLIL lessons?
Our lessons are usually skills based, but we can tailor tuition to meet your groups requirements.
- How many students are in a class for closed groups?
The minimum class size is 10. The maximum class size is 18 (20 for the first class). We aim for an average of 15 per class.
- Does Melton College run zig-zag timetables for group courses?
Not by choice. However, if it is the only possibility for certain dates we will tell you at the time of booking.
- Can we change the afternoon activities or design our own programme on Group Courses?
Of course, just contact us with the details! We are always happy to offer advice.
- When do mini-stay courses start and finish?
Subject to availability, courses can start and finish on any day.
- Which airports can we use for group courses?
Closed groups can arrive/depart from any airport. The transfer price will depend on the airport chosen. The closest to York is Leeds Bradford.
- Can I start any Monday?
It depends which course you are following, please ‘Read More’ for details.Read More
- Who will be in my class? And how many students will be there?
For all courses at the College the maximum number of students in each class is 14.Read More
- What if the level of the class is too low or too high for me?
If after you have completed your first day in the College you think you should be in another level please speak to the Academic Manager.
- Will I have the same teacher for all my classes?
Generally, you will be taught by three different teachers during a full day.Read More
- Where will my classes be?
All your classes will be at Melton College.
- Will I get a certificate when I finish the course or pass an examination?
Every student receives a certificate from Melton CollegeRead More
- Are social activities and excursions included in the fees?
It depends which course you are following. Please ‘Read More’ for detailsRead More
- Do you arrange weekend excursions?
During our Summer Course, Winter, Easter and October Course and the Gold Course we have excursions every weekend. We are happy to assist you to arrange your own excursion and help you with any travel/transport questions you may have.
- Do you accept beginners?
We do not accept beginners on any of our courses. The minimum level for our General English, Gold, Summer and Young Learner Courses is Elementary. Our IELTS PREP Course is aimed at Intermediate and Upper-Intermediate level students.Read More
- Can I keep the materials I am given in class?
At the beginner of their course all students are given a folder in which to collect and keep worksheets completed and the work done in lessons. Students take this home at the end of their course. On courses which follow a coursebook, all students will be given a Students’ Book and a Workbook to keep.Read More
- Can we bring additional leaders on Group Courses?
Yes, but you will need to cover their costs.
- What age can the College accept on Group Courses?